Nowadays, it’s hard to find any house that doesn’t have a blender. This is because blenders are one of those appliances that can accomplish half of your daily tasks without hesitation.
Despite this, most people have trouble cleaning it after making smoothies, juices, and common recipes.
Don’t worry, I know why you are here, in this article you will discover the best way to clean a blender. We have outlined some simple steps that will help you to clean the blender efficiently.
I hope you won’t have problems cleaning blender if you follow those steps. Just make sure that you follow all safety precautions before starting any work.
Why You Should Clean a Blender Regularly
A Kitchen blender is a machine that uses for various types of food blending. Whether cooking ingredients or smoothies, a kitchen blender is the first choice to make it. Thus, the problem begins when the time for its cleaning.
Naturally, making dishes is a lengthy procedure and time-consuming also. Due to that, sometimes, we just rinse the pitcher with fresh water and did not clean it the way it is needed. In that case, blender pitcher and its blade part are affected by germs and bacteria.
You will be surprised to hear that if you leave your blender for more than 10-15days in that condition, you can clearly see the fungus on the blade part.
For this, when you try to make a smoothie without cleaning the blender, it could be harmful to your health. Well, if you are not likely to get such a problem. It would be best if you cleaned your blender at least once a week.
Apparatus Needed For Cleaning a Blender
- Dishwasher Soap
- Towel or Dry cotton cloth
- Bristle Brush
- Warm Water
- Baking soda
How to Clean The Pitcher
- First, unplug the blender and take off the pitcher.
- Pour the pitcher with hot water. Make sure to use the water about half or three-quarters of the pitcher.
- Add some soap drops and cover the lid tightly.
- Set the pitcher to the blender and turn it on for 15-20seconds.
- After that, take out the pitcher and rinse it with fresh water.
- If you have a short time, then you can stop here. But here is a way that can make the pitcher more smooth. Take a half lemon and put on on the pitcher.
- Mix some fresh water and turn the blender for 10seconds.
- After that, remove the water and rinse it with fresh water again.
- It will make your pitcher smell fresh, and if you don’t use it for a long time, it won’t absorb odors from the environment.
How to Clean The Motor Base
- Separete the pitcher and blade part from the motor base.
- Take a towel and immerse with warm water. For better cleaning, use soap water.
- Squeeze it and gently clean the motor base part.
- After cleaning with soap water, take a dry towel and wipe the blender as before.
- If you see some dirt particles still over there, then it’s time to use the brush.
- Clean the inner side as much as possible and use the brush to clean it better. You can use the brush for cleaning the buttons as well.
- Finally, your blender motor base is completely cleaned.
How to Clean Blender Blades
- First, carefully separate the blade part and clean it with a bristle brush.
- After a certain time, rinse the blade part and immerse it in soap water.
- This process will take 5 minutes to be done. After that, take out the blade part and dry it out.
- If you see blades are not completely cleaned, then try to clean it once again with baking soda.
- Immerse it the blade part for 5-10minutes and rinse it with cold water.
- If you leave your blender for a long time, then the blades will be a little rusty. So immersing with baking soda will be effective in removing the rust within a minute.
- Dry the blade part and attach it to the blender as before.
Safety Tips For Best Way To Clean A Blender
- Blenders should not be cleaned when it is hot. Let it be cool, then it will be suitable for cleaning.
- You should always leave some empty space for mixing when you pour water into the pitcher. It is best to fill it up to 70% and leave it 30% empty.
- Do not run the blender for a long time at once. Take breaks after every 30seconds.
- The blender motor part is sensitive, so always clean it as much as you can.
- Do not immerse the motor part in the water or any liquids. It could get damage.
- Before using any wet towel to clean the motor part, make sure it is rinsed enough. Otherwise, squeeze it another time until it releases the excess water.
- Always be careful before separating the blender’s blade part. It is very sharp and capable enough to make any accidental situations.
- Do not use an empty hand to clean the blades, it is better to use a brush or sponge.
- Use the baking soda if you see blender blades are rusty.
- Before assembling the blender, dry all the parts. Ensure it is attached the same way it was.
You don’t want to waste your valuable day cleaning a blender, that is the reason we have to find out the best way to clean a blender. However, cleaning blender is not a hard part if you know how to clean a blender.
Using this method will help you save a lot of time that you spend on scrabbing and rubbing the pitcher. But this way, it’s not necessary to just pour the soap water and let the blender clean it itself.
However, always clean your blender on time to keep yourself healthy