Suppose you are making fries for a house party, but suddenly you realize your air fryer does not work properly. It’s hard to find any people who do not get into situations like this.
Nevertheless, if you don’t clean the air fryer on a regular basis, it will start to burn foods and reduce the taste of cooking.
Today, we came up with the easiest method how to clean grease from air fryer basket. If you follow the procedure to clean the devices regularly, it will increase the device service longer.
Read my article to learn best way to clean air fryer by using the apparatus that is already in your house.
Why it is Necessary to Remove Grease From an Air Fryer
Several days after using the air fryer, the food tastes much different than usual. Also, you will see the machine produces more smoke than usual as well.
If you see these symptoms or face regular food burning issues, you should clean your air fryer as soon as possible.
Definitely, you don’t want to burn your delicious food for simple cleaning. The main reason you should clean your air fryer is to avoid contamination.
What is a Good Cleaning Schedule For an Air Fryer
Generally, cleaning does not depend on a schedule. It depends on the device’s condition. But you can clean routine cleaning; that is a better way to use devices longer.
Here are two air fryer cleaning methods that help you to know when you should clean it.
After every use of the air fryer, the device needs to be clean. It is called regular cleaning. In this way, you can use a dishwasher and soap. Just gently take out the basket and wash it with soap.
After that, dry it and place it within the device. If you clean your device after every use, it will last longer, and you will be less likely to get machine damages.
However, this way, you can make your air fryer as like as new, it will work faster and help you make the delicious foods you like.
Routine cleaning is like clean your device once a month. This way, it will help you to clean the deep particles that stay inside the devices. Don’t worry; it does not take you all day.
Just 20 or 30 minutes will be more than enough to spend on your air fryer. In this cleaning procedure, you have to take out the basket and clean it with a dishwasher.
After that, disassemble the machine parts, make sure you don’t have to remove the parts attached with it or fixed with the machine.
Just disassemble the removable parts and gently clean them with a microfiber towel. If you see your machine need a deep clean then follow the instruction we have written in below.
Apparatus you will need to clean grease from Air fryer Basket
Here are some instruments that you should use to clean your air fryer.
- Microfiber or Soft cotton towel
- Dishwasher and soap
- Baking Soda
- 1″ wide Paint Brush
How to Clean Grease From Air Fryer Basket
- First, turn the machine off and unplug it from the electric socket.
- When the air fryer machine has cooled completely, you can start cleaning it; otherwise, take your time but do not try to clean it while it is still hot.
- Gently remove the basket and all removable parts.
- If your air fryer has both pan and basket, remove both of them and take them to the dishwasher.
- Soak them for 10-15minutes filled with dishwasher soap and water.
- In 15 minutes, the burned particles and greases will be soft and removable with a microfiber cloth.
- Remove the filled water and use the microfiber cloth to rub it.
- If the pan and basket have some permanent dirt, it’s time to use some baking soda.
- Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the hardened greases.
- After 5minutes, try to remove the particles with microfiber. In that case, you can use the brush if you want.
- When all the particles are cleaned, then wash the basket and leave it to dry.
- Take the paintbrush and use it to clean the inside part of an air fryer. Its heating coil and bottom part should be cleaned carefully.
- In the final stage, use a soft towel to wipe the outside part.
- Assemble all the parts. Just remember all parts should be assembled and placed in the exact location as before.
Safety Tips for Cleaning Grease From Air Fryer Basket
- Before cleaning, make sure your air fryer is completely cooled and suitable for cleaning.
- Do not use any sharp material to remove greases from the device. Air fryers baskets are generally made with nonstick material. It could get damages.
- Keep in mind; it is an electronics item, so don’t submerge it in the water. Always keep the motor part away from water. But you can immerse the removable body parts.
- Always try to use a soft bristle brush to clean the inner heating coil. Most people don’t know how to clean air fryer heating element. Do not use any sharp tools or utensils. It might lead to a leak, which could be dangerous.
- Ensure that all the parts are completely dry and clean before assembling.
Air fryers are one of the electronic devices people are afraid to clean, especially when you don’t know how to clean air fryer basket. Still, whenever you can improve the taste of your food with a simple cleaning, you should do it.
Today, we discussed the most efficient method of how to clean grease from air fryer basket. You can use this method to clean other kitchen appliances as well.
Therefore, constantly take the delicious taste and maintain the cleanliness of your virtual devices. Just don’t forget to follow the safety precautions before beginning any work.