If it is raining outside or you are bored with restaurant chicken, you might consider having a broasted chicken at home. Don’t worry, now it’s time to try your own special recipe.
However, if you are thinking of making quick broasted chicken, a pressure cooker will be your first choice.
Today I will show you how to make broasted chicken in a pressure cooker by sitting at home.
You don’t have to buy separate ingredients for this. Almost every house has these items. So it will be easier for anyone to make it whenever they want to have frying chicken in a pressure cooker.
Benefits of Frying Chicken in a Pressure Cooker
1. Required less oil
For the last few years, electric pressure cookers have gained a significant number of popularity. There are few reasons behind it, and one of them is less required oil.
Pressure cookers are heated in just some seconds, and they can control the heat to cook evenly. As we know, when cooking something, it needs a lot of oil otherwise, it may burn.
However, electric pressure cookers are exceptional. They have a low oil requirement to ensure even cooking. Due to this, it is most suitable for pressure fried chicken at home.
2. Health Friendly
Most people love to have oily foods like fries and chicken nuggets. But due to health consciousness, they are avoiding it forcefully. Well, pressure cookers are capable of making foods healthily.
It does not consume a lot of oils and other ingredients. So if you use it to make regular foods, then this one will assist you in gaining a beneficial healthy routine.
3. Simple Cooking Procedure
Pressure cookers are not the one which is difficult to use. In a day, you will love it for its simple functionality. However, people are afraid to use it for multipurpose.
But trust me it’s a straightforward process to make chicken fries and nuggets. So if you love to have foods like broasted chickens or French fries, then using it will be super suitable.
Ingredients to Make Broasted Chicken in a Pressure Cooker
- 6 pieces of chicken
- 240ml of water
- 28g of unsalted butter
- 30ml of olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 125g of flour
- 62g to 93g of toasted panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large size eggs
How to Make Broasted Chicken in a Pressure Cooker
Broasted chicken or fried chicken tastes better when they are crispier. So follow this pressure cooking fried chicken recipes, it will bake the chicken in 3steps to make the chicken delicious.
Step-1: Cooking Chicken Under Pressure
- First, pour 240ml water inside the cooker. In this case, try to use cold water that controls the chickens overcooking.
- Put a steamer that fits the pressure cooker. The steamer should place well in the bottom of the cooker.
- Put the chickens on the steamer and arranged them well. Make sure that you leave some space between each one. If your pressure cooker is small, then make it in batches that will be better.
- Close the lid and set the timer for 6minutes. Turn on the pressure cooker at high pressure.
- After 6minutes, open up the lid and release the steams.
- Follow the process once again, set the timer for 6minutes, and turn the cooker at high temperature. If your chicken pieces are larger, at that moment, you can set the time for 9 or 10minutes.
- After that, open the lid and release the steam naturally. If your cooker has a button named release steam naturally, then use it, otherwise wait for a while.
Step-2: Preparing the Crunchy Breading
- Set a skillet on a gas burner and turn the heat into the medium.
- Put 30ml of olive oil and 28g of unsalted butter. Mix them well in medium heat.
- Add 63g of toasted panko breadcrumbs, if your chicken pieces are bigger, then it’s better to use 80 or 90g of breadcrumbs.
- Continue the stir until the mixer gets golden brown. If needed, turn the heat medium to low.
- After, watch the breadcrumbs closely if it gets golden, then take them off from the skillet.
Step-3: Chicken Baking Process
- Take the chicken pieces and put them into the pressure cooker.
- Turn the heat on, make sure chicken pieces are reached 160 °F temperature. Use a thermometer to confirm that.
- After that, take them out and serve in on a paper towel. Sprinkle peppers and salts and mix them well for delicious taste.
- Put the chickens on flour and coat with it.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, then coat the chickens after the flour.
- Finally, coated with crunchy breading, and chickens are ready to bake.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and put the chickens for 10minutes.
- After the time, check them if it is not cooked yet, then set the timer for another 5minutes.
- Take out the broasted chicken fries, and they are ready to serve with some delicious French fries.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Fried Chicken
- Before coated with flour, make your chickens are heated up of 160 °F
- Always preheat the oven before cook. Otherwise, chicken pieces could burn due to overcook.
- Before coating, wipe the chicken pieces with a paper towel to help you grab the ingredients well.
- Ingredients measurements could change due to the chicken size. You should take them according to the chicken pieces.
- Careful when making the crunchy breading mixture. It could burn due to the slow stirring. In that case, immediately turn the heat into low.
Things You Didn’t Know About Fried Chicken
Fried Chicken Innovation
Fried chickens gained a lot of popularity all over the world. Especially, chicken fries are a favorite among Americans. But did you know who invented the recipe?
It’s a Scottish person who invents the recipe and broad to America. Before that, the rest of the world makes the chickens by baking or boiling.
In the whole world, there are various types of chickens. Thus, not all chickens are capable of fry because of their breeds. But different breed chickens taste different due to the environmental issue.
But it is popular to select the heritage bird for frying, and it is pretty tasty.
Sweet Sauce Recipe
If I asked you how do you like chickens? Possibly you reply fries with tomato sauce or spicy sauce. But Koreans and Japanese love to have the chicken fried with sweet sauces too.
Asians mostly like spicy foods, but in this case, they are different if you did not try them before, you should try them once.
Why do you want outside food when you can make restaurant items on your own. If you can make it as you like, making dishes by yourself is the best part.
Today I have shown you the easiest way to follow how to make broasted chicken in a pressure cooker.
Make the chicken however you like, just be sure to read about the safety precautions before using a pressure cooker.